Writing a good persuasive essay is a great way to impress both your teacher and peers. It is usually best to choose some controversial topic for this purpose as this way you will be able to attract more attention to your work.
Another important consideration is your personal interest. You will be able to create a better paper if you are passionate about it. In this case, the process of writing itself will become much easier as you will have no problems with motivation.
Express your own position regarding zoos and captivity in general. Offer some examples of good and bad facilities where animals are held. Can stricter legal regulations improve the conditions the animals are forced to live in while in captivity?
List how the animals can be used in the entertainment industry. Do you agree with this practice? How can it be made more humane? What are the benefits of using animals this way?
Does it really help create safe products? How can it be replaced?
What are the major uses for pet therapy? Does it help? Why? Offer some real-life examples to support your arguments.
How and why the strays are dangerous? Offer some methods on combatting this issue, like stricter laws that can make people be more responsible about their pets. How to control the population of strays in the most humane manner?
Offer a short overview of the animal cruelty laws in your region. Do you think they are sufficient? Is there a way to stop animal cruelty completely?
What kinds of problems do the owners of exotic pets face? Is it too cruel towards wild animals to keep them as pets? How dangerous can this be for the owner? Offer some examples from history.
Present an overview of the methods and tools currently used in dog training. Are they efficient? Are they too cruel? Can you offer any alternatives?
Nowadays, pet grooming salons offer the services on par with the top beauty shops for humans. Do you think this is right? Do the animals suffer because of various cosmetic procedures? What are your thoughts on pet fashion?
Many kids grow up with pets and are too young to understand the concept of death when their friend passes away. Offer some ideas on how to explain these things to a young child and avoid trauma.
Persuasive Essay Topics About Animals: 30 Original Suggestions
During middle school, high school, and college, you will probably have to write numerous persuasive essays. If you want to write well, itâs important to pick a topic that youâre actually interested in learning more about. If you are interesting in animals, especially animal rights and animal welfare, there are many topics that you can choose from. There are all kinds of controversial issues in todayâs world that revolve around animals. Some of these topics include factory farming practices, genetic modification of livestock, animal abuse and neglect, and conservation of endangered species. These are all topics in which you can easily select a stance, and argue for your position.
Here are some various topics about animals that you can consider for a persuasive essay topic:
- Medical animal testing is ethically wrong
- Medical animal testing is justifiable
- Animal testing is justifiable in some cases (e.g., medical), but not in others (e.g., cosmetics)
- Zoos are good for animals
- Keeping animals in zoos is inhumane
- Protecting the Giant Panda is ecologically important
- Protecting endangered animal species is important
- Euthanizing stray animals is a humane solution
- Euthanizing stray animals is unethical
- Companion animals can help people who are lonely
- Fish should not be kept in goldfish bowls without filters or temperature control
- Hunting for sport is a normal, acceptable passtime
- Hunting for sport is unethical and inhumane
- Conserving some endangered animals is more important than conserving others, due to their respective ecological roles
- Itâs irrational to be afraid of spiders, since most of them are harmless
- Factory farm treatment of animals is inhumane
- Chaining or tethering dogs outside is unethical, inhumane, and a form of animal neglect
- Factory farm conditions are conducive to the spread of avian influenza among chickens and other domestic fowl
- Keeping wild-caught exotic pets is inhumane
- Foxes should be bred into companion animals
- Foxes should not be bred into companion animals
- It is necessary and acceptable to use higher animals, such as monkeys and chimpanzees, in laboratory research
- Primates and other sophisticated vertebrates should not be used in laboratory research
- Pets should be spayed and neutered to prevent overpopulation
- Wearing fur or leather is always unethical
- Wearing fur or leather is acceptable, as long as the animals are raised in humane conditions
- Genetic modification of livestock has numerous benefits, such as creating more meat per animal
- Genetic modification of livestock is unethical or potentially dangerous for humans
- Animal dissection is a useful learning tool for students
- Animal dissection is inhumane