This page includes links outside of Scholastic.com
Academic Info: Religion
Comprehensive directory of online resources for the study of religion, tailored to college and advanced high school students. Extensive links to online reference material, digital archives, and societies and organizations.
Ancient China: The Later Empire: The Sung, 9601279
Introductory page on the Sung dynasty, the confucian revival, and neo-confucianism, with links to related articles. From the award-winning World Cultures Web site, maintained by Prof. Richard Hooker at Washington State Univ.
China the Beautiful
Collection of pages on various aspects of Chinese history, culture, arts, language, and literature. Numerous images (such as portraits of emperors), audio files, time lines, maps, and excerpts from classical Chinese texts. Maintained by Dr. Ming L. Pei.
Chinese Culture: Texts
Substantial collection of Confucian, Legalist, Taoist, Buddhist, and other Chinese texts in English translation. Bibliographical documentation; some introductory material. Maintained by Prof. Paul Halsall of Fordham Univ.
Chinese Philosophy: Taoism
Article on Taoism (Daoism) linked to other articles on Chinese philosophy from the award-winning World Cultures Web site, maintained by Prof. Richard Hooker at Washington State Univ.
Elecronic texts of the works of Confucius and other early religious classics. Part of the Internet Sacred Text Archive, a Web site promoting religious tolerance.
The Confucius Publishing Co., Ltd., of Hong Kong offers the full text of Confucius's 'Lun Yu' (Analects) and other Confucian documents in 16 languages, including English. A biography of Confucius and an image archive are also provided.
EAWC: Ancient China
A part of the Exploring Ancient World Cultures site, Ancient China offers an anthology of primary texts, secondary essays, maps, a chronology, and a bibliography.
Library of Congress / Federal Research Division / Country Studies / Area Handbook Series /China
Scholarly handbook, part of the Area Handbook/Country Studies series of the Federal Research Division of the Library of Congress. Provides information (as of 2006) about the history, culture, economy, and sociopolitical structure of China.
Maps of Asia
Part of the Perry-Castaneda Library Map Collection at The University of Texas at Austin, these pages present a large collection of political, geographic, historical, and other maps of Asia and its countries and regions.
Brief article on Mencius linked to other articles on Chinese philosophy from the award-winning World Cultures Web site, maintained by Prof. Richard Hooker at Washington State Univ.
Resources for the Study of East Asian Language and Thought
A variety of scholarly materials for the study of Asian religion and philosophy, including translated classics, annotated links to online texts, and related Web sites.
Brief profile of Thomas More, with a portrait, a time line, a list of Internet resources, and a bibliography leading to a searchable electronic text of 'Utopia.' Part of online materials for a history of philosophy course at Oregon State University.
Virtual Religion Index
Well-organized annotated indexes of extensive religion- and theology-related research materials. Covers numerous Western and Eastern religious traditions. Maintained by the Religion Department of Rutgers University.
World History Archives
A list of links to an impressive collection of resources to support the study and teaching of world history and history in general. Many of the sites listed include searchable databases.
+ All Confucianism Essays:
- Mnc Entering India (Vodafone)
- Tae Guk Gi Cultural Analysis
- The Philosophies of Judge Dee
- Evaluate the causes and failure of the self-strengthening movement. How did its failure affect China up to 1912?
- China Research Paper
- China Golden Age: Song Dynasty
- Palestinian Stone Exports Communication and Cultural Barriers
- Han China
- Early Civilizations and the Dawn of the Medieval Age
- may 4th movement
- Analysis of the Translation of the 'Analects of Confucius'
- Meiji Restoration
- Business Ethics
- Visual Analysis of the Hall of Supreme Harmony
- Analyzing the Philosophies of Chuang Tzu and Socrates
- The Philosophy of Socrates and Confucius
- Jay Chou and his Chinese Pop Style
- Elements and Dimensions of Culture in Taiwan
- Asian Business Environment
- Study of Organizational Culture in Singapore
- Comparing Amy Tan's The Joy Luck Club and The Woman Warrior
- Korean Food Choice, Preference and Taboo, Avoidance
- Comparative Management Practices in China and the West
- Ethical Problems With the Practice of Patient Dumping in the Healthcare Field
- The Philosophy of Confucius
- An Analytical Approach to Truth and Religion
- Chinese vs Greeks when It Comes to Influence
- Seeds of Trees
- Mesopotamia, Egypt and China
- Does Religion Cause War?
- Modern Martial Arts - Lack of Confucian Doctrine
- Asian Business
- PEST Analysis and SWOT Analysis of China
- Functions of Religion in Society
- Sichuan Qin Player
- Taoism in Chinese Culture
- Economic and Political Strategies of China versus Japan
- Tying Together Yin, Yang, Dao, and the Chinese Dream of Golden Age
- Ellen Moore: Living and Working in Korea
- Cultural Brief of Taiwan
- Compare/ Contrast Han China Mauryan/ Gupta India
- The Women in China: History, Role and Changes in This 21st Century
- Influences of China
- Canada Goose
- Pa Chin's Family
- Relationship Between Internal Organisation and National Culture and Institutions
- Japan, Past and Present
- Book Review: Korea Old and New: A History by Carter J. Eckert
- Belief Systems: Islam and Buddhism
- AP Human Geography Religion Notes
- Buddhism in Vietnam
- The Chaos and Division of Asia's History
- Culinary Experiences of the World: Vietnam
- Korean Culture and Traditions
- Human Nature and Proper Order
- Buddhism and Islam
- U.S. and Chinese Education
- The Response to the Spread of Buddhism in China Differed According to One's Social Position
- Filial Piety’s Role in Ancient China
- Asian American History
- The History of Korean Art
- The Rise of the West: Western Europe's Gain of Power
- Comparing and Contrasting the Different Religions
- Impact on the People of Nigeria by Muslims, French and British
- China's Emergence As A Superpower
- Acupuncture: Chinese Medicine
- Chinese Influence on Korea and Japan
- World Religion Final Hum 130
- The Culture and History of China
- The Confucian Ethics
- in Ngugi’s A Grain Of Wheat, and in Silko’s Ceremony
- Hinduism, Muslism, Christianity
- World Religions: Comparative Discussions
- Case Study (Wipro Technologies Europe a)
- Do Schools and Mass Media Contribute to Stereotyped Gender Roles in Chinese Society?
- Taoism: The Balance of Nature and Humans
- The Impact of Chinese Culture on Its Asian Neighbors
- Wang Lo Kat Strategic Business Plan
- The Life and Teachings of Confucius
- Compare and Contrast Between Classical India and China
- Similarities and Difference of Japan and Western Europe
- North Korea and the Rise of the Communist Movement
- In What Major Ways Did Confucian Philosophy Manifest Itself in Chinese Society During the Ming and Qing Dynasty
- Recommendation of Advertising