How long could you go without technology?
We live in the world which is connected with technology. When was the last time you left your home without your mobile phone, watched television or chatted with your friends online? Chances are, not very long ago. Even though technology has many benefits, it also affects the way how people socialize and communicate all together – lack of emotions, ignorance of personal space and absence of intimacy.
Now, let`s imagine just one day without technology. A world without technology means a life without: computers, mobile phones, gadgets, cars, medical equipment and this list can go on. Silence would cover the world…or not? Chaos or peace? Without technology the world would definitely change, but how? Will letters replace e-mails? Will we turn to reading books, instead of searching online? Will we use old methods to communicate? Will we walk more? Total silence is almost unbearable, when you hear your own heartbeat. Does it look like something we have been dreaming about? Apparently, the answer is: `No! `
Taking into account the fact, that people start using technology from the youth; can you think of the effects of communication technology on teenagers? It`s important to speak namely about teenagers, as they are considered the most vulnerable and easily-affected part of humanity. Over the last decade, technology became an essential part of many teenagers` lives. It`s overwhelming and they can`t get away from it, because it becomes a habit, a way of life. The problem is that we can`t identify when online social networking becomes an addiction. An average person spends about an hour a day for communication online. Some teenagers spend much more than that. Even though technology has grown to be a major aspect of society in our daily activities, teenagers have to be aware of the consequences if it is excessively used.
In case you want to write an argumentative essay on technology and disclose the pros and cons of this notion, you should search for the topic that will be controversial for you first of all. Therefore, while writing, you will find the benefits and downfalls of technology. Once you found the answers for your own questions, be sure, your essay is worth reading.
Technology essay topics may include quite a wide range of concepts and ideas. This sphere involves enormous amount of people every day, as technology is everywhere. You might want to insert statistical data in your essays about technology, which is absolutely reasonable. Since there`s a large number of topics that can be covered, here are 10 best ideas, that might encourage an original topic of your own.
- Do the mass media and information technology have an influence on the process of globalization?
- Effects of technology on communication in modern society.
- Is it a benefit or downfall to insert technology in education?
- Beneficial role of technology in helping people obtain an education.
- Technology today: a scourge or blessing?
- What should be invented by social media developers in order to protect privacy?
- Self-explanatory question: `Is fast developing technology good or bad for people`s psychological state? `
- Restrictions for cars based on emission testing and level of pollution.
- Can artificial intelligence replace teachers at school, doctors in the hospital, housewives at home?
- The next grand innovation in technology is…
While writing a technology essay on one of these topics, make sure that your essay looks at the roots of our society and our technology. If we really care of what`s happening around us, we should take care of the roots. The roots aren`t always visible, but they are incredibly important. Technology is changing the world we live in and it should be shown in the essay. It`s important to acknowledge, that the essay about technology isn`t self-evident. It might seem clear at first sight, but in fact your aim is to explain your position and be able to argue for it. It requires more than just learning the subject, it requires getting into the deeper understanding, such as creating controversial statements, showing two argumentative sides, making up counterarguments.
Thus, before writing an essay on technology, choose a topic wisely. It should be not just relevant and interesting, but also frequently discussed. Firstly, it will be of a great benefit, if you read a lot of technology essays on the chosen topic and come up with your own ideas on the problem. Secondly, search for a proper amount of evidence to substantiate your opinion.
If you want to write a really persuasive essay on technology, be confident in your own point of view. Readers will feel your insecurity straight away and might stop reading halfway. And your own opinion should be supported by facts and examples. For instance, my analysis proves that technology has lots of disadvantages, such as pollution, global warming, issues with communication; technology can be the reason of the complex of inferiority in many cases. Here, I would like to stop and stress your attention to the amount of advantages and situation where technology disappears or stops its developing. Hard to imagine the scope of harm that people can be put in without being connected in the modern world. The range of problems that would immediately appear in the sphere of security, medicine, insurance, ecology, business and labour is impossible to measure. These are things that could be overcome though. In my opinion, the one thing that people won`t be able to cope with is making a step back. Since the humanity has already experienced fast travelling, speed dating, online banking, quick money transferring, it will be the a great step back for all the nations to refuse all these innovations and go back to, obviously, less comfortable way of life. Although, people can adjust to any lifestyle and are able to go through a lot of obstacles, the reverse phycology would be helpless here. If the humanity have had to give up on technology and go back to `stone age` it would have led to resistance, insurrection and riots.
To knock all of the heap, essays on technology should include three main components: confidence from the author on his own standpoint, properly chosen topic and the ability to `look deeply in the roots`. Let your technology essays inspire other people`s imagination and creativity, this is the best possible recognition of your writing skills and talent.
If you liked the essay, please have a look at and order an essay online from the Bigessaywriter.com
Technology Essay Topics
When different countries develop new technologies, most of them change the rules of the game. Traditions die; previous skills and ways of life are no longer valued. Mainstreaming of the new technologies has enormous influence upon young people. It is difficult to decide whether it is good or bad, but anyway, we are able to analyze and make our contribution to this problem.
If you face the task to write a critical essay about technology, we recommend you to try the next topics.
Technology essay topics:
- The worldwide improvement in the standard of living is the reason of the damage to the environment.
- Will the Internet bring people closer together?
- Does modern technology make life convenient? Was human life better or worse when technologies were simpler?
- Computers are becoming better translators every day. Do children need to learn more languages?
- In what ways has information technology changed the rules and working practices in the last 5 years?
- We are becoming more and more dependent on computers. Is this dependence on technology good or bad? Essay should be suspicious of these advantages. Explain all the pros and cons.
- TV and Mass Media: could we exist without it?
- Nuclear power provides cheap and clean energy. Its benefits and disadvantages.
- Technology is making communication much easier, but not in the sense of personal contact. People prefer contacts through screens rather than face-to-face communication.
- Will modern technology such as the Web ever replace the printed media as the main source of information? Technology essay should include specific details and examples.
How to write an essay about technology
Such kind of essay has a broad selection of topics. It is generally better to write what you know well, because this kind of task involves using certain specific terms and words. If you are familiar with medicine, you may write about nanotechnology, for instance. You can write about technology as a whole, its recent discoveries and history, but some tutors do not appreciate broad topic essays.
Use the following subject areas and options for your essay:
- Technology in Construction and Manufacturing;
- Information Technology;
- Computer Science;
- Computer Security and Threats;
- Data Storage and Manipulation;
- Computer Hardware;
- Contemporary art and Web design
The last one area will be probably interesting for students of The Fashion Institute of Technology. Essay should be written in the words that an average person will understand. Also, pay special attention to spelling and grammar.
Professional assistance with your essay on technology
Our service was created 5 years ago. For this period, we have managed to prove that you can trust us. If you feel that you don’t have enough time or due to any other circumstances you aren’t able to cope with the task, please contact us and we will be glad to help. Our competent experts will choose the most interesting technology topics for essay. They will coordinate with you all nuances, details and after that perform the work perfectly on time and immaculately.
Choose the best. Choose Samedayessay.com!